Sunday, February 21, 2010


Well as I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a new job. I love it. It's definitely one of those jobs that I could always picture myself doing. The company is great, the people are great, and it feels good to know that I'm helping to give sight. My title is Recovery Technician. Basically I've been trained to recover cornea's from tissue donors. It's a very detailed and delicate procedure. I love it. I was so fortunate and blessed to get the job. It's kind of a job you get an interview for by the people you know. They never posted anywhere that there was a job opening, I was just recommended to the company by some people. Sightlife contacted me and told me of the opening and that if I was interested to send them a resume. I was called in for a first interview and then a second one and ultimately given the job. After the first interview I found out the qualifications of an individual that I was competing with for the job and I thought "yah there's no way I'm going to get it." Imagine my surprise when I got the call, "congratulations we picked you." My response,"really?" I was told I got the job and left for training in Seattle that same week. It all happened really fast! Seattle was great and beautiful. If it wasn't so dark, dreary, and wet most of the time, I might consider living there! I think the overcast weather might get to me after about a week!

Training was for a week. They put me up in this 5 star hotel. It was a nice place to come home to after a 10-12 hour day.... but still not as nice as my real home. After a couple of days I was ready to come home and see my baby and husband. I missed them both a lot.

I got home the day before Valentines day. Just in time! And let me tell you, it was my best Valentines ever. ( I think I say that every year.) But really it was. I was greeted at the airport by a banner, husband and baby with signs, flowers, and balloons. I think they missed me. Afton didn't want me to put her down and cried the whole way home because she had to sit in her carseat and not be held by me. Other than that, she actually did great the whole week I was gone. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to everyone that helped Logan out. He couldn't have survived that week without it!! I'm so happy to be home and to have a place to come home to with 2 people that miss and love me! :)

At the airport saying goodbye to my two loves. I was excited to go and learn but sad to leave these two.

I arrived at my hotel Sunday night around 9:30. It was a very nice and comfortable room. I loved the king size bed!

I wish Logan could have been there to use the other robe!

In the morning I walked down stairs to the Whole Foods (it was under the hotel) and got breakfast. I was wondering where exactly in downtown seattle I was then I turned and saw this out the window. Hmmm... I'm guessing somewhere close to the space needle.

I was busy busy busy. My first day I got off at 5:30 but still had to go home and do a ton of reading.

Me doing my homework! And that was all the pictures that I took in Seattle. Pretty pathetic! I did find a little time to see some sights. I went to pikes place, the space needle and the best REI ever! But I didn't have a whole lot of time and I did alot of my exploring during lunch breaks so I just didn't worry about taking my camera with me.

Getting home I was greeted by this!

Afton was mad because Logan was trying to get her to wear this valentine sign around her neck. haha. She has a mind of her own!

Kiss and make up. She forgave him. Logan made that banner all by himself! I was very very impressed!

Me and my girl. She saw I had gum, was trying to grab it and laughing.

An Early Valentines day present. Saturday night I got a Me-n-Eds heart pizza for Logan to take to work for his lunch break. I could have just got him this and he would have been very happy with valentines day. We love Me-n-eds!

Setting up the night before. I got all of Afton and Logan's things before I left. I'm really glad I did that!

Then when I woke upSunady morning the table had changed considerably! Logan had plenty of time while I was gone to plan and shop to make Valentines Day this year BIG!

He put rose petals and kisses from our bedroom door and afton's bedroom door all the way to the table.

He knows how much I love stuffed animals. j/k After seeing everything he asked me "Do you like your stuffed animal?" He thought it was pretty funny to tease me with that!

She was pretty excited about her broom that dad bought her. She loves sweeping with him outside.

It didn't take her long to find the chocolate kisses. She had three for breakfast and was pretty bad for church after that!

Sunday was also Mom's birthday! We made her and cheesecake and had dinner together that night.

It was a great Valentines day. Best part was being able to come home.


HiLL said...

WOW! What a compliment and adventure! Congrats! What a rewarding job! I can't believe how amazing Logan is! Check out that VALENTINE! I don't think Derek would ever wear a paper heart in public... maybe I should leave for a week! What a nice hotel! SWEET STAY! Ya, I had to re read that line about you living in Seattle... haha That will NEVER happen! ;D You need the SunShine!

Congrats! Love & Miss you!

Sterling and Konni said...

You guys are too cute. It's like your still dating. A great inspiration. Miss you and Love you guys!


Aww man, I totally forgot that your moms b-day was Valentines day!!! Congrats on the new job. and Yes, your two babes love you very much!!!